- Lever handles have been successfully tested to BS4951 category 1 ‘heavy duty’. The European hardware standard for lever handles and knobs at the date of publication remains provisional within standard number pr EN1906.
- Locks have been successfully tested to BS5872 category B ‘heavy duty’. The European hardware standard for locks within pr EN 12209-1/2 remains provisional.
- Lock cylinders have been successfully type tested for conformity to the requirements of BS EN1303.
- Hinges (ball bearing) have been successfully tested to BS7352 category 8. The European hardware standard for hinges within pr EN1935 remains provisional.
- BrassArt lever handles have been assessed as suitable for installation to 30 minute or 60 minute fire resistant door sets tested to BS476, Part 22 1987.
- Unless ordered otherwise, lever handles and 64mm knob sets are sprung and 51mm knob sets are un-sprung.
Standard Fixing Methods
- Lever handles and knobs within almost all of our Collections (Meandros, Louis XIV, Louis XV, Burlington, Governor, Louis XVI, Adam, Princess, Constable, Liberty and, Bamboo) are face fixed with lever or knob circlipped to back plates for extra strength. In addition they are fixed spindle to spindle with self tapping screws into the Lye spindle. For our Executive Collection: spindle to spindle fixing on face fixed back plate.
- Lye spindles are 8mm square, slotted and 110mm long. Spindles for bathroom turns are 5mm square.
- Pull handles for bolt through handles 102mm long bolts with a 1/4 Whitworth thread are supplied. For back to back fixing left and right hand threaded self locking bars with an overall size 152mm are supplied.
- All products are supplied with appropriate size slot headed screws for wood doors. If alternative methods of fixing are required for metal doors this should be stated on the order. Washers and fixing bolts are supplied with the pull handles.
- BrassArt locks have standard centres of 57mm for lever keyhole and bathroom locks and 51mm for cylinder locks, and locks will be supplied with these centres unless ordered otherwise. It is essential to check lock centres on orders.
- Lock plates of minimum length of 171mm will accommodate locks of 72mm centres.
- All BrassArt switches are 6 amp with polished brass rockers supplied as standard. Sockets are 13 amp with polished brass rockers.
- Single switch plates are 95mm square and double switch plates are 155 x 95mm.
- There are a large number of variations available in the electrical accessories. Details may be obtained from the company.
Decision on lacquering
- The company recommends that products, where suitable for lacquering, are lacquered when installed internally. It is recommended that un-lacquered products should be supplied when installed externally.
- All BrassArt products are manufactured at our Lye factory from the finest solid Brass.
- Examples average weights:
901 Letter Plate 1.20kg
930 64mm Mortice Knob 1.80kg
933-40 Pull on Plate 1.05kg